Since you’ve discovered Quebec, you have been dreaming of settling there… Every year, Québec welcomes more than 50,000 immigrants, but procedures often are rather long. However, since 2010, the Québec experience program (PEQ) allows certain foreign students and temporary workers to speed up the process. Through this program, one can indeed get a Quebec selection certificate (CSQ) - which is a document requested to settle in Quebec - in less than a month.
Who is eligible for the Québec experience program?
Did you just graduate in Québec? Have you held a skilled job in Québec for more than a year? You might be eligible for the Québec experience program. Certain eligibility requirements vary depending on your situation.
Conditions for Québec graduates
As a graduate or student studying towards graduation, you are eligible for the PEQ if:
- you are at least 18 years old and intend to settle and work in Québec,
- you have conformed to the conditions on your stay as a foreign student,
- you hold a Québec degree eligible for the PEQ or are studying towards graduation.
Conditions for temporary workers holding a skilled job in Québec
As a temporary worker, you are eligible for the PEQ if:
- you are at least 18 years old,
- you are a temporary worker in Québec and have a temporary resident legal status,
- you hold or have held one or several jobs eligible under the PEQ for at least 12 months.
Conditions for all PEQ applicants
Whether you are a Québec graduate or a temporary worker, you can submit a PEQ application only if:
- you have an advanced intermediate knowledge of French and are able to demonstrate it,
- you agree to provide for your needs (and where applicable, those of your spouse and dependent children) for at least 3 months starting from the date you get your permanent resident status.
Which supporting documents should be provided when requesting a Québec selection certificate under the PEQ?
A CSQ request under the Québec experience program is processed within a maximum of 20 days, as long as your application is complete.
Supporting documents for Québec graduates
Along with the Demande de certificat de sélection du Québec – Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ) – Diplômé du Québec form, you must provide several supporting documents:
- original or certified copy of your certificate of successful completion or diploma,
- original or certified copy of the last complete academic transcript of the study program.
Supporting documents for temporary workers
Along with the Demande de certificat de sélection du Québec – Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ) – Travailleur temporaire form, you must provide the following supporting documents:
- financial self-sufficiency contract,
- certified copy of the employment contract or original of an employer letter,
- copy of at least 3 pay statements, including one at the beginning of the job and a recent one.
Supporting documents for all PEQ applicants
The following documents must be enclosed in all requests:
- copy of the identification passport pages,
- original or certified copy of advanced intermediate knowledge of oral French,
- payment of the processing fee, that is CAD757 (CAD162 for the spouse or each dependent child).
If you are accompanied by your spouse, de facto spouse or dependent children, additional documents will be requested.
How to apply for a CSQ under the Québec experience program?
All requests must be sent to the following address:
Programme de l’Expérience Québécoise
Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
Did you get your Québec selection certificate? All you need to do now is request a work permit!
To find out more about the Québec experience program:
Take a look at the official website of the government of Québec.
OA visa: a new health insurance obligation for retired persons leaving their own country to live in ThailandTexte d'introduction
From November 2019, a new insurance legislation was put in place in Thailand: it requires applicants for the "O-A non-immigrant visa" to be covered by private health insurance.Image d'introduction
It’s been over 10 years since Canada has been welcoming an increasing number of temporary foreign workers. The Canadian government now aims to reverse this trend.Image d'introduction
As a major business hub and finance center in Asia Pacific, Hong Kong continuously attracts expatriates from all over the world.Image d'introduction
High quality of life, great job opportunities, prosperous economy… Hong Kong is one of the most dynamic cities in the world and attracts new expatriates every year.Image d'introduction
Canada attracts many potential immigrants. Since January 2015, an electronic selection system is in place to facilitate and speed up the processing of applications for permanent residence.Image d'introduction
Your partner has just found the job of her/his dreams on the other side of the planet? If you intend to travel, there is no way to think on quitting your job without thought of returning.Image d'introduction
Are you planning a 10-month round the world trip? Are you getting ready for your road trip across Australia? Did you decide to visit all of Europe in less than 4 months?Image d'introduction
Heading towards an expat life in a foreign country? Dealing with your child’s education abroad can turn out to be quite nerve-racking.Image d'introduction
Whether you are taking up employment abroad for a year or are moving to the other side of the world for several years, you will certainly need to quickly open a bank account in your host country.Image d'introduction